Jasper Magazine will celebrate the release of its 12th issue (Vol. 002, No. 006) on Friday July 12th with a multi-disciplinary arts party and performance at the Columbia Music Festival Association at 914 Pulaski Street in Columbia’s historic Vista. The event will include film, visual arts, literary arts including poetry and prose, dance, and music.
- Dialogue with Kirkland Smith, recent recipient of the ArtFields People Choice Ward 2013, will start the evening off with an informal talk and Q & A on the process of assemblage.
- Next up, visual artist Alejandro García-Lemos and author Cindi Boiter will offer a reading and presentation on their new book, Red Social: Portraits of Collaboration.
- Screening of the film, Howl—a musical reading of Ginsberg’s epic poem by Tom Hall with local visual artist Michael Krajewski and local musician Noah Brock.
- A performance by the Columbia Summer Rep Dance Company.
- And finally, a performance by local musician Mat Cothran of Coma Cinema and Elvis Depressedly fame.
- And to top it all off, hot-off-the-press issues of a brand new film-themed Jasper Magazine!
The event runs from 7 pm until 11 pm and is free. Seating is limited to 100 so please arrive early if you want a seat.