- The 2nd Act Film Festival was created to help bring a sense of community to Columbia, SC filmmakers.
- The 2nd Act Film Festival was created to complement and support the already existing independent film structure in Columbia -- i.e., The Nickelodeon and those (like us) who love and support it.
- 30 filmmakers applied to participate in the festival -- 10 were chosen.
- Jurors included representatives from USC, the Nickelodeon, POV, One Columbia, and a private production company.
- The 2nd Act Film Festival does not and will not charge local filmmakers to participate. (This is in keeping with Jasper Magazine's policy of never charging artists to perform, participate, publish, or exhibit.)
- All participating filmmakers now have their screenplays registered in the Library of Congress as part of a compilation of all the screenplays published via the generosity of Muddy Ford Press.
- Through the generosity of Coal Powered Filmworks, all participating filmmakers now have their films compiled with those of other participants on a limited edition DVD.
- Both DVD and Screenplay Book will be available for purchase at the festival on 10/10.
- Reserved seats to the festival can only be obtained via our KICKSTARTER campaign -- and that ends Sunday night.
- Non-reserved seats can be obtained in advance via Eventbrite.
- This film festival is a labor of love directed by Wade Sellers under the auspices of Jasper Magazine.
- We did it for you, the filmmakers, and the Columbia arts community that we love.
- We hope you'll join us on our mission to make Columbia, SC the greatest arts destination in the Southeast.
Cindi & Wade