Jasper is looking for interns for Summer 2016 and Season 2016-17!
Jasper is looking for interns for both Summer and Fall, Winter, Spring 2016 - 17.
Summer interns - we need two!
May 23 - August, 2016
Season interns - we need four!
August 2016 - May 2017
WANTED: Summer and Season interns for Jasper Magazine.
- Must be 18 or older and enrolled in or a recent college graduate.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be interested in improving these skills and see correction as an oppotunity for growth.
- Design skills are not required but they make you look very pretty to us. The greater the skills, the cuter you become.
- Must -- MUST -- be a self-starter. This is the time when you get to try out your ideas and see if they fly. (Read - you will be expected to come up with your own ideas and follow through on them with our guidance. While we will not be holding your hand, we will be whispering in your ear, patting you on the back, and giving you both dirty looks and nods of approval. This HAS to work for you or you won't be happy working for us.)
- Must be able to work at home in your PJs but still get the job done and get it done on time. This may sound easy, but it's not -- some people are suited for this, other very talented, well-meaning people suck at this. Know thyself.
- Must believe in the ability of the arts to both document and change the world.
- Must have a love/hate relationship with deadlines.
- You may be suited for this job if you like art, artists, smart people, talented people, irreverence, silliness, people who act like they never work but work all the time, talking to strangers, ignoring assholes, cursing, learning a lot about something you didn't know you were even interested in, and being paid with hugs and beer.
- You may not be suited for this job if you are lazy, afraid or disrespectful of nerds, money-hungry, are looking for the traditional office/work situation, if you don't believe in your own ability to create something other people may or may not value, or if you have no respect for the Oxford comma.
To apply, send an email explaining why you want to be and think you would be an excellent Jasper intern to editor@Jaspercolumbia.com. Tell us
- Where you are in school.
- What your major is.
- What your art proclivities are or have been. (Have you ever taken dance or piano or written poetry or for your school paper? Did you know what "proclivities" meant without looking it up or did you look it up or ignore it?)
- The last three books you REALLY read.
- Who you support in the 2016 presidential election and why.
Summer deadline = May 16, 2016
Season deadline = June 15, 2016